“There are angels in them there blogs.” – No one, ever. But don’t you think it’s true?
I was really flattered when BroJo asked me to saint some blogs that have good people behind them, partly because this means that I am slightly beatific myself but mostly because I can’t resist a good blogging lovefest. On the docket today are five blogs that mean a lot to not only me but our entire blogging community. Let’s tick them off then go down to the church basement for donuts and juice when we’re done.
(Editor’s Note: Mormons don’t keep donuts and OJ in the basement. Those things are kept in the Gym within the Meeting House (Church Building). The basement is where we keep 55 gallon drums of wheat, rice and beans.)
1. Broken Condoms This blog means a tremendous amount to me. It was among the first five blogs I followed when I started blogging on WordPress, as BC and I were equally far along in our first pregnancies. BC gave me my first EVER blog award and it absolutely made my day. Since the day I started following her, I have been astounded by the grace, patience, and levity she confronts all her obstacles with. Her road has not been simple, but that doesn’t make her shy away from living her life authentically and being the mother and wife her family needs her to be. You know I love you, lady. The fact that Baby O will burst forth soon makes me so happy. (Editor’s Note: Make sure MB doesn’t drink all of your wine while you’re expecting Baby O!)
2. I’ll Sleep When They’re Grown I will never tire of singing the praises of Jells. She is one of those rare people who you come across on the Intertron and think, “Um, WHY can’t you live next door to me?” After you get done shouting at the Universe for this grave injustice, you dig into her nuanced writing and picture upon picture of her beautiful babies. She’s even in with the Pee Wee inner circle, so how can you not love that? (Editor’s Note: Mama Jells once said one of the funniest things I’ve ever heard. “Poop on you!” I believe it was in a note left on a car.)
3. Brigette’s Banter Brig is a thinker. She is a writer. She is one who sprinkles her blog posts with sound bites that are always absolutely perfect. But she’s not just a blogger; she is our friend. The always uplifting, thoughtful comments she leaves on our blogs compliment the beautiful person who we see on Mondays when she publishes her Musings and Motivations pieces. Brigette gives us peace. My blood pressure went down a few ticks just thinking about her. (Editor’s Note: She survived that storm in the most graceful way I’ve ever seen, like a boss.)
4. Sincerely, Slapdash Oh, Fish. Or Christine. Or Cat? I’m confused. But that’s OK, because I love her. This is one of those blogs that I read and I feel like I’m getting something for free because there’s no paywall. Seriously, the writing is good and I would probably pay for it if I had to. Fish makes no bones about the struggles of life. She doesn’t pretend that things are happy happy joy joy all the time. Her vulnerability is gorgeous and so is her ability to make me laugh. I have a crush on her. Can you tell? (Editor’s Note: She once almost got Ricky Gervais to retweet her. Keep up the good fight.)
5. Stuph Blog I am the first to admit that my relationship with Twindaddy has not always been all sunshine and lollipops. First, I inserted my giant size 10 foot in my mouth when I made some flip remarks about twins. All jokey-jokey aside, they weren’t exactly kind, and they rightfully rubbed him the wrong way. Then there was the infamous Battle of the Baby Cs where our babies had to defend their titles. But here’s the thing, Twindaddy is a solid guy. He loves his kids and isn’t embarrassed to sing it from the rooftops, which is extremely beautiful. He’s endearing himself to me more and more each day and I am glad that there are men like him lurking on the ol’ WordPress. He makes this big bad world of blogging smaller and a lot more fun. (Editor’s Note: This is what I was having Emily help me with. Do you feel bad now? Probably not.)
May the Bruddah bless you and keep you all. Amen.
I’m Brother Jon and I approve this message.
I want to thank Emily @ The Waiting for doing this for me. These are five tremendous blogs that are very worthy to be “Sainted”. Good thing she said yes. This is way better than anything I would’ve come up with.